Here is how to stream MP3s from Google Drive on a free WordPress blog:
- Make sure the file, or folder it’s in, is set so “anyone on the internet can find and view” it. To do this, go to the “Share” option and click on “Advanced” at the bottom right. Make sure that the option selected is “Public on the web – Anyone on the Internet”.
- Get a shareable link. This will be a drive.google.com link. For example,
- Copy the ID. In the example above it’s
- Use this ID to construct a docs.google.com link like this:
&type=.mp3to the end of the link:
- Insert the link into an audio tag:
[audio src="https://docs.google.com/uc?authuser=0&id=0ByZwfjn5SAsTOGNiY3ZvV3k4b3M&type=.mp3" /]
- Paste the audio tag into your blog post.
And hey presto! You’ve got audio streaming on your blog from MP3s on Google Drive.