Study in B Minor by Sor


In a previous post I said that my first performance piece was going to be Sor’s Study in B Minor. Well, here it is, the first take – first of many, no doubt. I started learning this piece nearly two months ago at the beginning of August and, along with many other pieces, I’ve been working on it almost every day.

Most of my time has been spent on the last nine bars. They were the most challenging, with shifts up the neck into barre chords. I changed the fingering in bar 41 to use a guide finger, which helped with the biggest shift.

There are still mistakes, places where the tempo goes a bit off kilter, but I’m reasonably happy with this first attempt. What I want to work on for the next take is evening out the arpeggios, smoothing the shifts, getting rid of the fret noise, and making the dynamics more deliberate. In other words, I want it to be more musical.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s